Treehuggers International isn’t just a media entity with an environmental focus, we operate by several guiding principles, best outlined in a variation on the outdoorsman’s classic 10 Essentials.
Treehuggers International stands for:
- Preservation of parks and wilderness areas.
- Encouragement of recreational outdoor activity on foot (if necessary, on hoof).
- Enjoyment of the outdoors as a place for solace, contemplation, and quiet.
- Respect for the environment through science, discovery, and sense of place.
- Understanding the wild outdoors isn’t something to be conquered or abused.
- Appreciating the magnificence of the wild at a deliberate, eye-level pace.
- Alternatives to machine thrill seeking in wild places and public lands.
- Passing along the lessons of conservation and the need for vigilance.
- Responsible stewardship of the wild places we have today.
- Adopting leave-no-trace wilderness ethics to all outdoor pursuits.